A Miner Detail Podcast featured a guest panel on Sunday, Aug. 23, for its monthly Maryland politics roundup show.
This is A Miner Detail Podcast Episode 276.
- Visiting Circuit Court Judge Thomas G. Ross ruled against Dr. Alan McCarthy in his lawsuit aimed to toss Danielle Hornberger from the Nov. general election ballot for failing to file the required paperwork at the time she filed her county executive candidacy last fall;
- Gov. Larry Hogan's chief of staff resigned on Aug. 17 after the Baltimore Sun reported that Roy McGrath received a six-figure severance package from the Maryland Environmental Service;
- The Wicomico County Council generated drama around its selection process to replace the late Bob Culver, who died in July;
- Maryland Matters recently published a story this month about Maryland's potential 2022 statewide candidates. The panel dissects the article;
- The panel reacts to the Democratic National Convention.
- Len Foxwell, Chief of Staff to Maryland Comptroller Peter V. R. Franchot (D);
- Mark J. McLaurin, Director of Political and Legislative Affairs for the Service Employees International Union Local 500;
- Richard DeShay Elliott, Maryland progressive activist, and candidate for state delegate in Prince George’s County.